Barlow/RELAX Pancake Breakfast - Postponed!
The annual pancake breakfast that was scheduled for Saturday March 11th from 9am-11am at the Joel Barlow High School Cafeteria, has been postponed to April 1st due to the snow that we are expecting tomorrow. More information to follow!
Don't put your stick down!
WALL BALL is one of the best things you can do to improve catching, throwing, and shooting. All you need is a wall, your stick, and a ball.
- Stick Skills
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Body Trunk
For Best Results:
- Find a flat brick or concrete wall at least 10 feet high, the longer the better. You have permission to use the big outside wall of the gym at Barlow, the one that faces the septic field.
- Every drill that you do — do it with both hands.
- Stand 5-7 yards away from the wall.
- Practice this routine at least 4-5 times per week.
- Each practice session should be at least 20 minutes. If you finish all drills in less than 20 minutes, repeat starting with the drill that challenged you the most.
- Use your ipod!
- Have fun!
Wall Ball Drills:
- Quick Stick with no cradle. (50 right, 50 left.)
- One hand Quick Stick, no cradle. (50 right, 50 left.)
- Quick Stick, change hands each time you throw the ball while the ball is in the air, no cradle. (50 right, 50 left.)
- Both hand catch and cradle, with one quick cradle. (50 right, 50 left.)
- One hand catch and cradle, with one quick cradle. (50 right, 50 left.)
- Face Dodge: Catch, face dodge, throw. (50 right, 50 left.)
- Split Dodge: Throw right, catch right. Split dodge to left hand, throw left, catch left. Split back to right hand. (50 right, 50 left.)
- Cross handed, weak side. (50 right, 50 left.) “Cross handed” means stick in right hand on the left side of body, or stick in left hand on right side of body. One quick cradle each time.
- Behind the back. (50 right, 50 left).
- Pass and Catch on the move, side to side. (Go for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds, repeat 3 times.)
- Develop your own drill. Be creative and make sure you use both hands
Google "Lacrosse Wall Ball"
There are dozens of demos!